- SPF moisturizer- My favourite is the Garnier Moisture Match Illuminating Light Lotion with SPF20.! It gives my skin a slight glow and protects my skin! http://www.boots.com/en/Garnier-Skin-Naturals-Moisture-Match-Protect-and-Glow-Illuminating-Light-Lotion-SPF20-50ml_1299045/
- Hair and Scalp sun protection. One year I got a really burnt parting and every year since I am sure to protect my scalp, I also can’t stand the feeling of frizzled ( .. that’s not a word but we will go with it) hair. Boots do a small spray designed just for both of these issues and I daren’t go out without it when on holiday! Find it here http://www.boots.com/en/Soltan-Head-Hair-Dry-Touch-Transparent-Suncare-Spray-SPF30-75ml_1207168/
- Sturdy Sunglasses- Last year I went through 5 (yes, 5) pairs of sunglasses within a 2 week holiday, 3 of which my Dad sat on and broke. This year I am determined to keep them intact with a hard sunglasses case.
- Pumice- It’s sandal season and this only means one thing- pretty feet. I don’t have the nicest of feet so it’s nice to take an evening to treat them with a pedicure and a coat of polish.
- New Perfume? Well I do have to pass through duty free.. it would be rude not to.
- Waxing strips….Yikes. Ok it’s been spring for a while but in the UK it hasn’t exactly been “whack your legs out” weather and my legs aren’t at their prettiest. The best advice I have heard to get the smoothest pins is the shave then exfoliate your legs and then shave again!The new Wilkinson Sword Snap is great for on the go ! http://www.boots.com/en/Gillette-Venus-Snap-Womens-Portable-Razor-_1651118/
- Waterproof mascara. I tend not to venture out of my flat without mascara on, for the sake of everyone else but the hassle of taking it on and off holiday is tedious.Instead, I take one waterproof with me and keep that on even if it’s not the most voluminous or lengthening. The biggest thing to remember is a makeup remover that will actually wash off waterproof mascara!
- New books- The ONLY time I read is by the pool on holiday. I must read 10 books in a week. This year I plan to either make my way through Game of thrones or the Divergent series.
- A list of cocktails to try ..I am talking slippery nipples, screaming orgasms and any other filthy cocktails I can find!
It’s 2 weeks until I fly and I am super excited … to do the pre-holiday shop that is! What are your holiday essentials?