- The look you give your colleague when you’re serving a rude customer speaks a thousand words.- Just know, you’ll be the talk of the staff room later.
- Wanting to die inside when people STILL complain about having to buy a plastic bag- It’s 5p Sharron, I think you’ll survive.
- Going shopping and finding yourself wanting to tidy and pull forward in other stores. You barely do it in your own store but you can’t help yourself, we all gotta stick together right?
- The long wait while your customer searches for their loyalty card. “It’s always the last place you look” *awkward laugh*.
- When customers ask “do you work here?”. No honey, I wear this uniform because it looks fab.
- Breaking down your days into smaller chunks to make it through. SO you’ve got 2 hours until your next hour break then only an hour and a half until you have to move department and then an hour until your break. Easy.
- Not being able to finish your story to your colleague because of all the stupid customers getting in the way.
- Starting to give someone’s change and panicking when they say “can I give you the spare 16 pence” and having to think back to GCSE Maths to work out the change.
- When you get bored you can wander round the shop and do mental shopping. You’ve got so much spare time you can work out all the best offers because let’s face it who wants to spend all their wages back in their own store?
- Feeling unnecessarily offended when customers put their money on the counter rather than in your hands.
Just some fun things, I’m sure we’ve all experienced working in retail.